||12 January 2012
- Cytus is released for the iOS platform worth $1.99.
- 15 songs were released in this version.
||7 February 2012
- Added two new songs Hard Landing and Precipitation ver.B (hidden song).
- Hidden songs feature implemented.
- Renewed note charts for some songs.
- Auto-rotation is now supported.
- Improved performance for iPads.
- Fixed crashes and click sound delays.
||5 April 2012
- Added two new songs Iris and Light up my LOVE.
- Cytus is released as trial version for the Android platform for free, $1.99 to unlock full game and rest of the songs
- Renewed title screen.
- Bugs exist in hold notes.
- Newly improved tracks, note charts and difficulty levels for some songs.
- Improved performance in song selections.
- "Click sound" is changed to "Click FX" in Start ring screen.
- Fixed the "Use headphones for best experence" typo.
||6 August 2012
- Chapters system implemented - songs are divided in groups of 9:
- Added eight new songs and transferred Saika to new Chapter III for free.
- The background music and title screen was replaced by the seventh chapter of the story (Loom).
- Improved UI.
- TP system added.
- Million Download Plan started.
- All songs are pre-unlocked and playable right from the start (except Halcyon, that requires action from social networks).
- Added cooldown for the Android version.
- New sound effects are introduced.
- Supported iOS Game Center achievements.
||27 November 2012
- Added four new songs:
- Optimized for newer devices such as iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
||3 December 2012
- Fixed the bug on Hot Air Balloon question mark redirect in the selection screen in Chapter I.
||8 February 2013
- The Silence (Chapter IV) released for free for achieving 100,000 paid downloads.
- Added Vanessa (Chapter V) and The Lost (Chapter VI) with 20 new songs as IAP (Bugs fixed in next update).
- Renewed note charts for Sanctity.
- Enhanced UI for main and song select menus.
- Hidden song scores can now be shown during song selection.
||15 February 2013
||1 March 2013
- (For Android) Included all the updates from previous versions of Cytus (3.0.0 and 3.0.1).
- Fixed Darkness music track and renewed note charts.
- Fixed "Bloody Pruity" typo in Bloody Purity in Chapter VI.
- Facebook sharing problem corrected.
- Minor fixes and optimizations.
- Issue occurred for some Android devices involving store.prefs in the data files and so does 3.0.3.
||7 March 2013
- Handle incomplete IAP after a disconnection or crash.
|14 August 2013
- Chapter V unlocked for free for achieving 200,000 paid downloads.
- Added Loom (Chapter VII) and Another Me (Chapter VIII) (with 22 new songs) as IAP.
- Renewed app icon and title screen.
- Title screen can now be skipped during the Rayark logo
- Unlocked Halcyon in Chapter 3.
- Exclusive features and fixes for Android:
- Calibration function (can be accessed by touching the gear icon inside the STATS menu in the right lower corner of the screen).
- The annoying black loading circle in the start of the game since 3.0.2/3.0.3 is removed.
- Minor improve performance.
||6 November 2013
- Chapter VI unlocked for free for achieving 300,000 paid downloads.
- Added Symphony (Chapter S) with 10 new songs as IAP and as a teaser for a new game under development by Rayark, Project Symphony, which will be released in 2017).
- Difficulty levels of all songs are adjusted to make them more reasonable.
- "Buy now" button in cooldown is renamed to "Skip" (Android)
- Cooldown now counts down to 30 seconds for all songs.
||29 January 2014
- Chapter VII unlocked for free for achieving 400,000 paid downloads.
- Added Buried (Chapter IX) and The New World (Chapter X) with 21 new songs as IAP.
- Added two separate remix as hidden ∅ (Slit) songs to Chapter VIII:
- Renewed note charts for Hard Landing (also track) in Chapter II and Niflheimr in Chapter VI. Their hard difficulty levels changed to 8 as well.
- As of 5.0, there is a swiping glitch which can activate COMA or Oriens without unlocking them. See: Glitch.
- Android features and bugs:
- With some devices involving store.prefs in data file and old Google Play Store version, game loads forever just like in 3.0.2/3.0.3, but only white screen.
- Starting with this version, The game will no longer download its resource (OBB) files.
- Some text in the game is now high quality.
|5 February 2014
- Fix the issue that causes game crash while restoring purchases.
||9 February 2014
- Fix the issue that causes game crash while entering chapters 1 to 4.
- Fix compatibility issue on iOS 5.
|8 July 2014
- Chapter VIII unlocked for free for achieving 500,000 paid downloads.
- Added Knight (Chapter K) with 10 new songs as IAP, which contains the story of two girls from Holy Knight.
- Added Cytus Alive album with 10 story songs for free (but its songs from IAP chapters unplayable in cooldown versions).
- Added iCloud support (iOS) and Google Cloud Save function (Android) to save your game scores (Accessible in Stats menu and result screen).
- Supported Google Play Games leaderboards and achievements.
- STATS menu appearance enhanced.
- Removed load times after entering songs.
- "Quit Cytus?" dialog box replaced by different one on both iOS and Android devices.
- Android bugs and fixes:
- Bug while trying to update Million Download Plan with no internet displaying different text instead of "count from Cytus 2.0.0 released to..."
- Fixed white screen bug for some devices
- Game no longer pops up news ads after starting the game for the first time.
- Adjusted chapter titles text in chapter selection screen.
- Fixed text bugs on Chapter S songs.
- Fixed positions in Result screen.
- Locked Codename : Zero from being unlocked via Facebook/Twitter actions.
||18 September 2014
- Chapter IX unlocked for free for achieving 600,000 paid downloads.
- Added Prologue (Chapter 0) as permanent IAP because Sony Computer Entertainment discontinued PlayStation Mobile, therefore Cytus Lambda is no longer downloadable.
- Fixed credits for The New World.
- Added "Kamcord" gameplay recording function to record gameplay and share it on YouTube or Facebook (on selected devices only).
||20 December 2014 (Android)
21 December 2014 (iOS)
- Chapter X and Chapter S unlocked for free for achieving 700,000 and 800,000 paid downloads.
- Added Chapter Retro with 11 new songs as IAP, which consists of songs composed in 8-bit/chiptune SFX.
- Renewed note charts (and recurred some tracks) for some songs from Chapter 1 to 3.
- The Megaera glitch, where clearing the song causes occasional crashes or the absence of the Million Master logo, is fixed.
- Pause menu button now turns yellow the first tap to prevent accidental tap.
- Credited M2U in the song Predawn and fixed the icon bug for Lord of Crimson Rose in Chapter K.
||1 July 2015
- Chapter K unlocked for free for achieving 900,000 paid downloads.
- Added Million (Chapter M) with 12 new songs for free for achieving 1,000,000 paid downloads and to celebrate the success of the Million Download Plan.
- Added Timeline (Chapter T) with 10 songs as IAP, which contains the story of Taiwan, home of Rayark Games.
- Renewed app icon.
- Kamcord can now record high quality videos again.
- "Quit Cytus?" dialog box changed again.
|2 July 2015
- Fixed a bug that causes some devices not to show the $4.99 padlock on Chapter T, thus giving the inability to purchase it.
|4 September 2015
- Updated Google Cloud Save function to ensure correction of cloud savedata.
||12 November 2015
- Added Chapter L with 10 orchestrated songs with difficult charts as IAP worth $9.99 (easier charts were added in 9.1)
- Added Chapter Deemo with 10 original Deemo songs crossovered to the game as IAP.
- Kamcord function permanently removed.
- Reported game crash on Android 6.0 fixed.
- Fixed the killer lag on The Ricochet when first play (some Android devices).
- Fixed "Area 184 - Platium Mix-" typo for Area184 -Platinum Mix- in Chapter M.
- Added cooldown for Chapter K (Android)
|22 January 2016
- Added easier Chapter L charts, thus 20 charts in this chapter after some players gave negative opinions and complaints on the old and almost unplayable charts.
- The old charts can still be accessible as hidden by touching the flashing "L" on each of the cover arts.
- Fixed overlaps in the hard charts for L1: The Devastated Lower and L7 : Almighty, and in the easy chart for Undo.
|Version 10 -FINAL VERSION-
|6 September 2016
- Added Chapter Night Keepers with 8 songs as IAP worth $3.99.
- Calibration function (originally for Android since 4.0) now added for iOS.
- Added hidden notechart:
- Added two new hidden songs:
- Facebook and Twitter login features in STATS menu removed.
- Facebook and Twitter share features in result screen removed and replaced by new sharing function.
- Fixed pinkish-white icon screen in Hay Fields
- Minor text fixes in some chapters, notably Green Eyes, Hard Landing and Prismatic Lollipops
- Bug in Iris during gameplay and result screen.
||9 December 2016
- Fixed not entering the game for some devices
- Fixed compatibility issue for Android 7.1 devices
||2 February 2017
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
||17 January 2018
||8 March 2018 (Android)
15 March 2018 (iOS)
- Cytus II released on Android for $1.99
- Cherry added as an IAP with 10 songs.
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 30.
- Brain Power added to NEKO#ΦωΦ
- EMber added to ROBO_Head.
- Sairai added to Xenon as a hidden song.
- Optimisations to improve game performance.
- Adds Taptic game feedback for iOS devices.
||30 April 2018
||30 May 2018
- Added the Black Market
- Two packs, Game Disc vol. 1 (5 NEKO#ΦωΦ songs) and Memory Unit [A1] (5 Robo songs) added.
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ, and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 35.
||12 July 2018
- Joe added as an IAP with 10 songs.
- Extinguisher added to Neko
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 40.
||2 August 2018
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ, and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 43.
- Xenon and ConneR's level cap increased to 26.
- Marvelous Mix vol. 1 (1 Paff, 2 Neko, and 2 Robo songs) added to the Black Market.
- Olympia added to ConneR.
||31 August 2018
||3 October 2018
- Aroma added as an IAP with 10 songs
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ, and ROBO_Head’s level cap increased to 49.
- Xenon's level cap increased to 27.
||31 October 2018
- Nora added as an IAP with 10 songs
- FUJIN Rumble added to Neko
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 52.
- Xenon, ConneR, Cherry and JOE's level cap increased to 28.
||3 December 2018
- Neko added as an IAP with 10 songs
- Paff, NEKO#ΦωΦ and ROBO_Head's level cap increased to 55.
- Xenon, ConneR, Cherry and JOE's level cap increased to 30.
- Music visualizers removed.